To our dear patients,
Due to these orders of the Governor of New York and for the safety of our patients and staff we have had to temporarily close the office until further notice. If you need to contact us, the best way is to email us at Smile@ParkSlopeOrtho.com and we'll be reaching out to you as soon as we can.
Here are answers to most frequent questions about how this situation may affect your orthodontic treatment.
Why did the office close?
The NY State dental association has asked that dental offices provide only emergency dental care for patients. Elective and non-emergent services ushc as orthodontics need to be postponed until further notice. That policy shall be revisited at that time to accommodate further developments regarding COVID-19 and further actions/recommendations from government agencies.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and information is changing frequently. Visit nysdental.org/covid19
So When will the office reopen?
As of now, we don't have a set date, we're constantly evaluating the authorities updates. Our team & myself will be available to assist you throughout this time. For fastest response, please email us at Smile@ParkSlopeOrtho.com
What should I do if I am wearing braces or an orthodontic appliance?
- If you're wearing braces, please ensure you do NOT eat anything that could break or damage your braces or orthodontic appliances. Keep good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing two times a day.
- If you are wearing any elastics, continue to do so as directed. Your braces will continue to straighten your teeth all day and night. Proper elastic wear will continue to correct your bite. We will be able to advance your treatment once we reopen.
- If you need more elastics, please email us with your mailing address if it has changed, and we'll mail them to you.
What should I do if I am wearing Invisalign aligners?
- Please ensure you are wearing your aligners as instructed to continue progressing your treatment and also use your chewies to seat the aligners in areas where you may see visible space between your tooth and the aligner.
- When you are on the last aligner continue wearing that one until we are able to mail new ones to you. After the 2 week period with that aligner, you can wear your last aligner as a temporary retainer for 10-12 hours per day
- If you have lost the last one, please go to the one before last. If that ones isn't available, go to the last one that fits best.
- Do NOT go out without aligners.
- Do NOT throw away any of the aligners until we are able to see you
- Do not drink liquid other than water while wearing them.
- Remember to wash your hands or use approved sanitizers with at least %60 alcohol content before inserting & removing your aligners or elastics.
I lost or broke my retainer or aligner. What should I do?
Please email us as soon as possible and we'll assess the nature of the appliance and how we can get a replacement for you.
My braces or appliances are bothering me, can you help?
Please email us and we'll contact you by phone and assess the situation and asist you on how to resolve the problem.
Once we have a tentative date for the reopening of our office, we will update our website to let you know that we're scheduling new appointments and we'll contact you to schedule an appointment for you.
Until then, all procedures such as starting new treatment, removing braces, appliances, or invisalign attachments need to be postponed.
We will continue to evaluate the status of the current conditions and we'll post updates on our website & via email. We look forward to reopening our office and seeing you soon!